Women Hair Transplant
WHAT IS HAIR TRANSPLANTATION FOR WOMEN?
Hair transplantation is indeed more associated with men than women, but it is also a common practice for women. Hair loss condition is a more common hair problem for women than one would ever think. It may even cause psychological issues for women. Hair loss or hair thinning for women can get treated easily nowadays using various methods in the cosmetic field.
There are many hair loss treatments for women, such as serums, lotions, and hair laser therapies, to support hair growth. However, depending on the type of hair loss and the reason behind the thinning of the hair, sometimes the treatments may not give results.
Hair transplant comes to aid when hair loss treatments like serums and lotions do not work. At Turkeyana, we use the most developed and approved successful methods for women’s hair transplantation, and experts conduct these operations.
WHY WOULD WOMEN FACE HAIR LOSS?
There may be several reasons for female pattern hair loss. These reasons vary from one person to another since environmental and genetic factors work differently for each person. Some of the reasons are as follows:
- Hormonal changes. Especially during pregnancy, after childbirth, and menopause.
- Hair loss due to stress.
- Some medications and treatments the patient has gone through will cause hair thinning or even baldness.
- Excessive blood loss during menstruation
- Female or male pattern baldness in the family.
Everything is to assure you that you are in safe hands…
HAIR TRANSPLANT TECHNIQUES FOR WOMEN
Just like the case with men’s hair transplants, women’s hair transplant techniques vary depending on each patient’s case and condition. However, it can be said that Direct Hair Implantation, better known as DHI, and Follicular Unit Extractions, also known as FUE, are the most commonly used nowadays.
Both DHI & FUE are used for optimum results to overcome hair loss problems in women. There are some differences between these operations. Both work as getting hair follicles from the donor area and placing them in the recipient area. The main difference is the techniques they use while grafting the hair.
The hair grafts are picked from the donor area with micromotors in FUE hair transplant. Then the doctor opens microchannels on the recipient area and plants the follicles.
On the other hand, the DHI operation is done with Choi Pens. These pens allow the doctor to open the channels and plant the hairs simultaneously. This technique is that it does not require shaving. That is why it is preferred more by women patients.
STAGES OF HAIR TRANSPLANT FOR WOMEN
- Medical examination of the donor and the recipient area.
- Determining the number of grafts to be planted.
- Drawing the new hairline.
- Shaving the head to prepare it for the procedure. This stage is only for the FUE technique. Shaving the hair fully is not needed for the DHI technique. Shaving only the donor area is enough.
- The scalp will be numbed with local anesthesia.
- The transplant will be conducted with the previously decided hair transplant procedure, FUE or DHI.
HAIR TRANSPLANT CANDIDATES
- Those with severe hair loss and baldness due to genetics.
- Those who have a sufficient donor area.
- Those who do not suffer from certain diseases that may impede hair transplantation, such as alopecia areata.
- The age range for hair transplant is usually between 20-60 years old.
PRE-PROCEDURE TIPS FOR HAIR TRANSPLANTATION FOR WOMEN
Before getting a hair transplant, one should consider some essential things to avoid side effects. These are as follows;
- Smoking impacts transplanted hair follicle growth and the treatment’s outcomes, so it should be avoided for at least two weeks before the procedure.
- Avoid drinking green tea since it thins the blood, which can cause severe bleeding before and after surgery and ultimately result in transplant failure.
- Coffee and other stimulants should be avoided at least four days before the transplant since they impair the anesthetic procedure.
- To prevent any problems that may occur before or after the operation, it is advised that you eat a good, balanced meal before the procedure.
- Quit using drugs that thin the blood, like aspirin and ibuprofen.
- Inform your doctor about the medications you have.
POST PROCEDURE TIPS FOR HAIR TRANSPLANTATION FOR WOMEN
Aftercare is crucial to the success of hair transplantation. Therefore, it is highly recommended to understand what is required from you.
- Wear a head bandage for two days.
- Refrain from bending, and ensure to keep your head straight.
- Do not wash your hair for three days. Our experts at the clinic will do the first wash.
- Make sure to sleep in the correct position as advised by the surgeon.
- Avoid sweating by avoiding exposure to heat and humidity, exercising for at least one month & sexual intercourse for at least one week.
- Avoid swimming in pools for two months and the sea for at least three months.
- Refrain from going to the Turkish bath or sauna for at least one month.
- If any side effect is experienced, such as bleeding, immediately contact the doctor.
- Strictly follow any instructions explicitly prescribed to your case by the surgeon to ensure the desired results.
What is a hair transplant for women in Turkey?
A hair transplant for women in Turkey is a surgical procedure in which hair follicles are extracted from a donor area (usually at the back or sides of the head) and transplanted to the balding or thinning areas on the scalp. This can be done using various techniques, such as FUE (follicular unit extraction) or FUT (follicular unit transplantation).
Do hair transplants work for women in Turkey?
Yes, hair transplants can work for women in Turkey, but as mentioned earlier, success rates can vary. It’s essential to choose a reputable clinic and surgeon with experience performing hair transplants on women and have realistic expectations about the results.
Can women have hair transplants in Turkey?
Yes, women can have hair transplants in Turkey, provided they meet specific criteria. For example, they should have enough healthy donor hair to transplant to the balding areas on their scalp and be in good overall health.
Can women get hair transplants in Turkey?
Yes, women can get hair transplants in Turkey. Hair transplantation is a popular cosmetic procedure in Turkey, and many clinics offer this service to both men and women.
BLOG & NEWS