Women Hair Transplant
What Is Hair Transplantation For Women
Hair transplantation is indeed more associated with men than women, but it is also a common practice for women. Hair loss condition is a more common hair problem for women than one would ever think. It may even cause psychological issues for women. Hair loss or hair thinning for women can be treated easily nowadays using various methods in the cosmetic field.
There are many hair loss treatments for women, such as serums, lotions, and hair laser therapies, to support hair growth. However, depending on the type of hair loss and the reason behind the thinning of the hair, sometimes the treatments may not give results.
Hair transplant aids when hair loss treatments like serums and lotions do not work. At Turkeyana, we use the most developed and approved successful methods for women’s hair transplantation, and experts conduct these operations.
Why Would Women Face Hair Loss
There may be several reasons for female pattern hair loss. These reasons vary from one person to another since environmental and genetic factors work differently for each person. Some of the reasons are as follows:
- Hormonal changes. Especially during pregnancy, after childbirth, and menopause.
- Hair loss due to stress.
- Some medications and treatments the patient has gone through will cause hair thinning or even baldness.
- Excessive blood loss during menstruation
- Female or male pattern baldness in the family.
Everything is to assure you that you are in safe hands…
Hair Transplant Techniques For Women
Hair transplantation operations for women are different from those for men. Hair transplantation for men involves more techniques, through which the patient can choose the method he desires in coordination with the treating physician, who helps him select the technique that suits his condition and needs.
But hair transplantation for women requires only one technique, and this technique is the most suitable for hair transplantation in women because it does not require shaving the entire hair on the head, and it gives the areas to be treated the necessary density of women’s hair. This technique is the direct hair transplantation technique, using the Choi pen technique, also known as the DHI technique.
The DHI technique is considered one of the latest techniques in hair transplantation and the most effective, through which the hair in the donor area is shaved only while preserving the entire head of hair. It also allows the doctor to open channels and implant grafts simultaneously and close to each other, giving the treated area high density. For this reason, this technique is considered the most suitable for hair transplantation in women.
Hair Transplant Candidates
- Those who suffer from severe hair thinning, severe hair loss, and hereditary baldness.
- Those who have a strong and sufficient donor area.
- Those who enjoy good general health.
- Those who do not suffer from skin diseases that hinder hair transplantation, such as eczema, alopecia, etc
- Those who do not suffer from active hormonal causes and problems because treating them is very necessary before resorting to transplantation.
- Those who are within the appropriate age group for hair transplantation aged 25 to 60 years.
Pre-Procedure Tips For Hair Transplantation For Women
Before getting a hair transplant, one should consider some essential things to avoid side effects. These are as follows;
- Smoking impacts transplanted hair follicle growth and the treatment’s outcomes, so it should be avoided for at least two weeks before the procedure.
- Avoid drinking green tea since it thins the blood, which can cause severe bleeding before and after surgery and ultimately result in transplant failure.
- Coffee and other stimulants should be avoided at least four days before the transplant since they impair the anesthetic procedure.
- To prevent any problems that may occur before or after the operation, it is advised that you eat a good, balanced meal before the procedure.
- Quit using drugs that thin the blood, like aspirin and ibuprofen.
- Inform your doctor about the medications you have.
Stages Of Hair Transplant For Women
- Medical examination of the donor and recipient areas.
- Determine the number of follicles to be implanted.
- Determine the areas to be transplanted and draw the new hairline.
- Only the donor area is shaved, sterilized, locally anesthetized, and prepared for extraction.
- Locally anesthetizes the scalp – the recipient areas – and prepares it for the graft implantation stage.
- Hair transplantation procedure using Choi pens – DHI technology.
Post-Procedure Tips For Hair Transplantation For Women
Aftercare is crucial to the success of hair transplantation. Therefore, it is highly recommended to understand what is required from you.
- Wear a head bandage for two days.
- Refrain from bending, and ensure to keep your head straight.
- Wait to wash your hair for three days. Our experts at the clinic will do the first wash.
- Make sure to sleep in the correct position as advised by the surgeon.
- Avoid sweating by avoiding exposure to heat and humidity, exercising for at least one month & sexual intercourse for at least one week.
- Avoid swimming in pools for two months and the sea for at least three months.
- Refrain from going to the Turkish bath or sauna for at least one month.
- If any side effect is experienced, such as bleeding, immediately contact the doctor.
- Strictly follow any instructions explicitly prescribed to your case by the surgeon to ensure the desired results.
What is a hair transplant for women in Turkey?
A hair transplant for women in Turkey is a surgical procedure in which hair follicles are extracted from a donor area (usually at the back or sides of the head) and transplanted to the balding or thinning areas on the scalp. This can be done using various techniques, such as FUE (follicular unit extraction) or FUT (follicular unit transplantation).
Do hair transplants work for women in Turkey?
Yes, hair transplants can work for women in Turkey, but as mentioned earlier, success rates can vary. It’s essential to choose a reputable clinic and surgeon with experience performing hair transplants on women and have realistic expectations about the results.
Can women have hair transplants in Turkey?
Yes, women can have hair transplants in Turkey, provided they meet specific criteria. For example, they should have enough healthy donor hair to transplant to the balding areas on their scalp and be in good overall health.
Can women get hair transplants in Turkey?
Yes, women can get hair transplants in Turkey. Hair transplantation is a popular cosmetic procedure in Turkey, and many clinics offer this service to both men and women.
BLOG & NEWS