WHAT IS A GASTRIC BOTOKS?
In Turkey, Gastric Botoks, also known as Stomach Botoks, is one of the latest, safest non-surgical solutions for losing weight. The gastric botoks procedure works the same way as botoks works in the face area. Injection of botulinum toxin, botoks, in the stomach relaxes the stomach muscles, causing them to be severely interrupted. This interruption significantly reduces stomach contractions.
The effect of this procedure reduces hunger and bowel movement. Therefore, you will feel full after only eating a small portion. That will help you stop gaining any more weight, of course, alongside exercising to eliminate the excess weight you already have.
Gastric botoks is a non-surgical operation in which the doctor injects the stomach botoks without any surgical incision. The operation is performed through a laparoscope.
Gastric botoks is an easier and faster non-surgical procedure compared to other weight loss or bariatric surgeries. However, this procedure of injections for weight loss cannot be applied to all overweight or obese patients. The patient must have a suitable body mass index to get gastric botoks injections.
CANDIDATES FOR GASTRIC BOTOKS
Stomach Botoks Injection is only suitable for people who have the following conditions:
- Those who have excess body weight.
- Those whose body mass index is suitable for the operation.
- Those who struggle with their appetite control.
- Those who have failed to lose weight even with different diets and exercise.
- Those who cannot maintain a healthy lifestyle.
However, this method is not recommended for people who suffer from; Obesity, Severe allergies, Chronic disorders such as diabetes, heart disease, or high blood pressure.
Everything is to assure you that you are in safe hands…
PRE-GASTRIC BOTOKS OPERATION INSTRUCTIONS
The gastric botoks operation does not take longer time than 45 – 60 minutes. There are some instructions that patients should follow before the procedure to avoid side effects. Some of these tips are:
- Stop smoking for at least two weeks to a month before the operation.
- Refrain from taking any medication that may affect the gastric secretions, as it may cause problems during the operation.
- Refrain from eating anything for at least 12 hours before the operation’s due time.
- Refrain from taking medication that may cause blood dilution, such as Ibuprofen.
- If you suffer from any digestive system condition, inform the doctor who will operate.
POST-GASTRIC BOTOKS OPERATION INSTRUCTIONS
The patient must follow some instructions to obtain successful results and support the effects of botoks after the operation.
- Refrain from eating or drinking before the anesthetic effect is completely gone. If you do, you may subconsciously intake an unwanted amount due to the effects of the anesthetic drug.
- Refrain from carrying any heavyweight or doing exhausting work for at least three days after the operation.
- Strictly follow the customized diet given by your doctor.
- Keep exercising to burn fats and support the operation.
- Following the procedure, take a full day of rest. It is expected that the patient sometimes might feel dizzy due to the impact of the endoscope and anesthesia.
STAGES OF THE GASTRIC BOTOKS OPERATION
- The doctor will usually begin by spritzing an anesthetic spray on the area around the larynx. This spray prevents the patient from experiencing any vomiting while having the procedure. There is no general anesthetic in this operation. The patient remains conscious of his surroundings.
- The doctor starts the endoscopy procedure. The botoks is located in the injection needle hanging at the end of the endoscope.
- The doctor starts injecting the botoks in different areas on the stomach’s inner walls. Injections are inserted into the stomach wall muscles in specific non-random proportions. Botoks works on reducing stomach movement by 50% of its normal functions. This makes the process of emptying the stomach longer than usual.
- The doctor removes the endoscope through the throat after applying all the necessary amounts of botoks in the designated locations. The patient can leave the hospital on the same day and return to his daily activities without any problems.
What is gastric botoks?
Gastric botoks is a procedure that involves injecting botoks into the stomach muscle to relax the stomach and slow down the digestive process, leading to feelings of fullness and reduced food intake. This procedure is used as a temporary weight loss measure and is typically performed with diet and lifestyle changes.
Is gastric botoks safe?
Gastric botoks is generally considered safe when performed by a qualified healthcare provider. However, like any medical procedure, it may be associated with certain risks and side effects, such as nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, and temporary difficulty swallowing. Discussing the potential risks and benefits of this procedure with a qualified healthcare provider before undergoing treatment is essential.
BLOG & NEWS