Botoks In Armpits
WHAT IS AN ARMPIT BOTOKS INJECTION?
Botoks is a type of toxin. It is a protein substance secreted by a bacterium called Clostridium Botulinum Toxin. When injected under the skin, Botoks secretes a chemical substance that causes the skin and muscles on the injection site to tighten. There are many areas and reasons to get Botoks other than treating wrinkles.
Excessive underarm sweating can have a significant influence on the quality of life. People with medical conditions like hormonal disorders or overly active sweat glands may experience excessive sweating. There are a couple of techniques to treat excessive sweating, but the simplest is Botoks injections.
Botoks injection proves its significant efficacy in getting rid of excessive sweating by injecting Botoks into the armpit area or other body areas with excessive sweating, such as the palms, feet, or face. Botoks weakens the overactive sweat glands. This muscle weakness reduces the sweating in the area by up to 87%.
The explanation behind how Botoks can reduce sweating is that it affects the impulses of the nerves that are responsible for sweat and weakens them to stop the secretion of excess sweat. The application is FDA approved and has very low potential side effects.
CANDIDATES FOR ARMPIT BOTOKS INJECTION
Although Botoks injections are one of the safest and simplest procedures, there still may be side effects of Botoks. Therefore, unfortunately, Botoks injections are not suitable for everyone. Candidates for Botoks injections under the armpit can be as follows:
- Those who are over 18 years old.
- Those who suffer from excessive sweat that any other treatment methods cannot eliminate.
- The person should have no skin diseases that might hinder Botoks injection, such as allergies or eczema.
Everything is to assure you that you are in safe hands…
PRE-INSTRUCTIONS FOR ARMPIT BOTOKS INJECTION
Before undergoing Botoks injection on the armpit, you should follow some essential instructions given by medical professionals to get the full effect of the treatment:
- Avoid shaving the armpit for two or three days before having Botoks injections.
- To avoid bruising, stop taking the medications that cause blood thinning, such as aspirin and ibuprofen, for at least two days before Botoks injections.
- Refrain from taking blood thinners, such as; group vitamins, alcohol, and green tea.
- Tell the doctor about all the medications you take, which might hinder the Botoks injections on the armpit.
- Do allergy tests to ensure your skin is not sensitive to Botoks.
- Carry out specific skin tests to ensure that you do not suffer from skin diseases hindering Botoks injection.
- Refrain from smoking for a week before undergoing Botoks injections under the armpit because it affects blood oxygen.
ARMPIT BOTOKS INJECTION STAGES
Armpit Botoks injection only takes a few stages to complete. Within a maximum of an hour, the doctor injects Botoks into the armpit area. The steps of the procedure is as follows:
- Clinical examination: The doctor examines the armpit area to determine the number of injections the body needs to reduce sweat secretion.
- Doing the necessary tests: Skin tests are carried out to ensure that the skin is not sensitive to botulinum toxin and has no health diseases that hinder Botoks injections.
- Preparing the patient: The medical team sterilizes the armpit area and puts in a local anesthetic cream to numb the injection area and prevent the person from feeling pain or any disturbance.
- Botoks injections: The doctor injects Botoks into the armpit area. Usually, the injection process takes around 15 minutes, but with the required tests and examinations in total, it may last about 45 minutes.
POST-INSTRUCTIONS FOR ARMPIT BOTOKS INJECTIONS
After having Botoks injections in the armpit area, you should follow some instructions that your doctor recommends to ensure the best results without any side effects:
- Avoid touching the area that received Botoks for 24 hours after the Botoks injection.
- Refrain from smoking for two weeks after performing Botoks injections.
- In order to avoid skin redness after Botoks injections, use moisturizing creams on the armpit area that the doctor prescribes.
- Drink plenty of water to help improve blood circulation.
- Take the necessary painkillers prescribed by the doctor to reduce the feeling of pain.
WHEN DO ARMPIT BOTOKS INJECTIONS SHOW THEIR EFFECT?
After getting an injection for hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating), you may notice the early results in 2 to 4 days. It would take around 2 weeks to see the total effects of the Botoks injection.
As with all Botoks injections, the armpit Botoks injection is also not a permanent treatment. That means you will need another after your first injection if you want to maintain the effect. Generally, it is recommended to get booster injections every 7 to 16 months, depending on your condition.
WHAT IS IT LIKE TO GET AN ARMPIT BOTOKS INJECTION?
Underarm Botoks injections are straightforward procedures that you can get in the doctor’s office. In total, the process takes about 45 minutes, but the injection part only takes around 15 to 20 minutes. After the procedure, you may resume your regular daily activities.
Generally, most people consider injections to be uncomfortable and disturbing. However, before the Botoks injection, the doctor usually applies an anesthetic cream to numb the injection area, so you do not feel disturbed. Therefore, most people describe armpit Botoks injection to be pain-free and not so much uncomfortable.
Although Botoks injections are simple procedures, it is essential to have them by a professional. When it is not done by a professional in a qualified clinic, you may face side effects after the procedure. Always ensure that you are at the competent clinic and have treatment from a skilled doctor or professional.
PROS OF AN ARMPIT BOTOKS INJECTION
Armpit Botoks injections have several benefits and pros besides reducing excess sweating, such as;
- Armpit Botoks is a non-invasive treatment, thus much easier than having surgery to remove sweat glands.
- The process takes a maximum of 45 minutes; after that, the patients can resume their daily activities.
- As it is known, excessive sweating on the underarm area can cause a bad odor. Armpit Botoks injections can also stop or reduce the smell of sweat.
How much is armpit Botoks?
The cost of armpit Botoks can vary depending on several factors, including the location of the clinic, the experience of the healthcare professional, and the number of units needed. In general, armpit Botoks can cost anywhere from $200 to $800 or more per treatment.
How many units of Botoks for armpits?
The number of units of Botoks needed for armpits can vary depending on the individual’s anatomy and the severity of excessive sweating. Typically, between 50 and 100 units of Botoks are used to treat both armpits.
What does armpit Botoks do?
Armpit Botoks is used to treat excessive sweating, a medical condition known as hyperhidrosis. Botoks is injected into the sweat glands in the armpits, blocking the nerve signals that trigger excessive sweating. This can provide significant relief for people who suffer from excessive sweating in the armpits.
BLOG & NEWS