WHAT IS OTOPLASTY (EAR SURGERY)?
Otoplasty surgery, also known as ear surgery or ear correction surgery, is a surgical procedure. It aims to improve the shape of your ears or reposition the ears to improve their appearance or correct deformities. It often addresses protruding ears or prominent ears, congenital ear deformities, or earlobe issues.
Otoplasty can be performed on both children and adults ts. It is typically done for cosmetic reasons, although it may also help improve the function of the ears in some cases.
The procedure involves the following steps:
- Anesthesia: The surgeon administers local anesthesia or general anesthesia. It depends on the patient’s age, overall health, and the complexity of the surgery.
- Incisions: The surgeon makes incisions behind the ears or within the natural crease of the ears. It is to access the cartilage and skin that must be reshaped or repositioned.
- Reshaping and repositioning: The surgeon reshapes the ear cartilage and removes excess skin ear cartilage. Then repositions, the ears closer to the head as needed. In some cases, the surgeon may use internal sutures to maintain the new shape and position of the ears.
- Closing the incisions: The incisions are closed with sutures, and a dressing is applied to protect the surgical site. The dressing also supports the new ear shape during the initial stages of healing.
Otoplasty generally has a high patient satisfaction rate, but as with any surgical procedure, it carries risks and potential complications. It is crucial to consult with a qualified and experienced plastic surgeon. Discuss the potential benefits, risks, and recovery process associated with otoplasty.
OTOPLASTY IN TURKEY
Due to several factors that make Turkey a desirable location for cosmetic procedures, such as otoplasty. The following are some of the primary reasons why people select to have otoplasty in Turkey:
- Customized treatment plans: Turkish surgeons work closely with patients to develop personalized treatment plans that address their needs and aesthetic goal. That ensures a more tailored approach to otoplasty.
- Thorough consultations: Patients can expect comprehensive pre-surgical consultations in Turkey, which include detailed discussions about their goals, concerns, and expectation. That helps ensure that patients make informed decisions about their otoplasty procedure.
- Growing reputation in medical tourism: Turkey is a strong medical tourism hub. That means that healthcare providers in the country are experienced in catering to the unique needs of international patients. They provide language interpretation, travel assistance, and post-surgical care coordination.
- Affordable prices: Ear surgery in Turkey is more affordable when compared to other countries. The low surgery cost attracts international patients to the country.
- Postoperative support: Clinics in Turkey, like Turkeyana, offer comprehensive surgery packages and postoperative support services. These include follow-up appointments, recovery guidance, and support staff access. This staff can address patients’ questions or concerns during their recovery period.
Everything is to assure you that you are in safe hands…
What is otoplasty in Turkey?
Otoplasty in Turkey is a cosmetic surgical procedure performed to reshape or reposition the ears. It is typically performed to correct ear deformities, such as protruding ears, misshapen ears, or overly large ears.
How much is otoplasty in Turkey?
The cost of otoplasty in Turkey can vary depending on several factors, such as the location, hospital or clinic, surgeon’s experience, and the specific procedure being performed. On average, the cost of otoplasty in Turkey can range from $1,000 to $5,000.
How does otoplasty work in Turkey?
Otoplasty in Turkey works by reshaping or repositioning the ears to correct deformities or abnormalities. This is typically done through incisions behind the ears, and the cartilage is reshaped or repositioned as needed. The incisions are then closed with sutures, and the patient is typically sent home the same day.
BLOG & NEWS